Red hand-woven silk chasuble with embroidered orphreys, decorated with applied glazed metal tiles and studs.
Delivery time: 60 days
Liturgical set composed by:
Dedicated to the Cathedral of Nola, the embroidered orphreys show the geometric motif of the coffered wooden ceiling. Every orphrey host enameled metal panels that recall the ancient decorations of the precious 14th Century mitre in the Diocesan Museum Collection.
On the chest, a panel depicts Saint Felix the bishop and martyr, as portrayed in a medieval illuminated codex.
Set at the center of the town, the Cathedral of Nola stands on an antique Roman domus and we have evidence of its Episcopate that date the end of the Xth Century. The Church has been built arount Saint Felice’s crypt.
The Cathedral of Nola has been renewed several times throughout the centuries until it disappeared in an arson in 1861.
The New Cathedral has been inaugurated in 1909.